Staying in Akumal all inclusive resorts will almost always guarantee you a more relaxed & hassle free vacation in Mexico. There's no need to take your wallet with you because everything that's meant to make your holiday easy is already included in the package.
Most all inclusive packages in Akumal already include the following:
- all meals and snacks (in many resorts, remember to make a restaurant reservation in the non-buffet style dining area every time you want to eat there, or you will be refused a seat!)
- rental of non-motorized sport facilities
- all national alcoholic drinks (you may have to pay extra for internationally branded products or the more expensive wine)
- use of hotel facilities (& sometimes of sister hotels in the area as well, if there is one)
To help you choose an Akumal all inclusive resort to stay in for your vacation, I've listed below three of the more popular all inclusive accommodation in the area.
Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
The Gran Bahia Principe Akumal is actually part of three 5 star resort complexes, the other two being Gran Bahia Tulum & Gran Bahia Coba.
This is a beachfront property with it's own private beach. But in saying this, remember that it is a big property so don't expect your room to be right next to the ocean. But hey, you're on holiday and taking a short stroll to a lovely beach should not be much of a chore, right? (there are carts if you are feeling really lazy though...yippee!)
Of the three resorts, some prefer to stay at the Gran Bahia Akumal as its location and size don't really give you the feeling of being in a big all inclusive resort (unlike the other two). It also happens to be close to the beach (?).
The service and amenities at these three resorts (you can use the facilities of the other two if you want) are just what you expect from a luxurious accommodation in Mexico. So if you're particular about staying in a 5-star accommodation, the Gran Bahia Principe Akumal is a good choice.
Akumal Beach Resort
The Akumal Beach Resort is as beachfront as you can get when it comes to resorts in Tulum. ABR's beach is without a doubt one of its main attractions and the snorkeling here is equally amazing. And if this is what you're after during your vacation in Akumal, ABR is highly recommended.
Remember though that Akumal Beach Resort is a 3-star hotel. So if the most important consideration for you during a holiday are 5-star rooms and 5-star facilities, this might not be the place you're looking for.
In saying this though, ABR continues to be one of the well-loved resorts in the area and even boasts of many repeat clients. Sometimes giving good surprises to even the pickiest travelers.
Some of the advantages of staying in this resort are:
- It's not a very big resort so it's just right for peaceful all inclusive vacations
- It's within walking distance to the town of Akumal (interesting place to explore)
- It's one of the cheaper options for all inclusive resorts in Akumal and it's definitely one that offers the best value for your money
Grand Oasis Riviera Maya Akumal All Inclusive Resort
The Grand Oasis Riviera Maya is a reasonably-sized all inclusive Akumal resort offers 3 main different accommodation: the jungle rooms, garden view and the beachfront rooms.
The oceanview rooms are the ones nearer to the restaurants and the beach so if you have problems with mobility, it's best to book an ocean view accommodation. They usually grant such requests, but like many other hotels, you may not get it if they're teeming with guests – as everyone prefers to get the ocean view rooms.