The Best Places In Florida For Romantic Getaways
St Petersburg’s pleasant warm atmosphere can easily make anyone think it was a city made for romantic getaways.
There is often a romantic activity waiting to be found everywhere you go here -- from the beautiful pleasure of strolling hand in hand on the boulevard to candlelight dinners in special restaurants. ( Photo by Apalapala )
- Stroll along The Pier at night. Romantic moments can be easily had in this part town with the city lights illuminating the skyline. Visit http://www.stpete-pier.com/ for a list of things to do at the pier
- Visit the worlds’ largest collection of Salvador Dali's original work
- Rent a boat and see St. Petersburg from a different view.
- Have a walk in one of the most impressive botanical gardens – The Sunken Gardens. Very romantic place to just stroll around.
- Go to Fort Desoto Park for the best beaches, fishing, biking and many other activities
This city, interlaced with canals, may be an exciting family destination but it also offers great hideaways for couples on a romantic vacation in Florida. Fort Lauderdale is the place to go to especially if you’re both the type who want to sunbathe and relax as well as party the night away.
- Have coffee in one of the sidewalk cafes of charming Las Olas Boulevard.
- Romantic moments can be easily had in the Hugh Taylor Birch State Recreation Area where you can have a picnic or go canoeing among other activities
- Visit the Everglades Holiday Park in an airboat for the best that nature has to offer. You can also go camping, fishing or boating here.
For absolute laid back romantic holidays, Naples will never disappoint. The whole city it seems have made a living out of chilling-out and its ambiance encourages it. Holidays here are bound to be all about sunbathing on the beach, shopping in fancy boutiques and more sunbathing on the beach… ( Photo by Old Sarge )
- Walk The Pier and watch Naples’ beautiful sunsets
- Soak up some sun at the city’s most beautiful beaches
- Go to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary for some wildlife adventure.
This is a special place. It doesn’t really have amazing beaches that we associate Florida with but it has a very fun and tranquil appeal. It’s a place for fun romantic getaways with the most amazing sunsets, with charming places to stay in and special restaurants. It’s touristy but there are also secluded inns where you and your beau can spend quiet & romantic times together.
- Experience the hub at Mallory Square during sunsets. Everybody in Key West seems to go here at this time and although many may not exactly like the crowd during a romantic getaway, this one is an exception.
- Long for some peace and quiet? Visit Nancy Forrester's Secret Garden
- The Glass Bottom Boat tour can be a very exciting experience.
This is the USA’s oldest city and a stroll around town with its many historic buildings will prove just that. It looks like a small Spanish town with the Florida ambiance pervading in the air. This is undoubtedly a unique place to visit for short weekend getaways. Some romantic activities to do in St Augustine are ( Photo by moultriecreek) :
- Charter a boat for dinner
- Take a ride on a horse with a carriage
- Visit charming historical buildings
- Take a helicopter tour for a bird’s eye view of the place