Where Is Pohnpei?
It is the capital of the FSM and is about 3000 miles from Honolulu, and 1050 miles from Guam.
Flights To Pohnpei Island
There are direct flights from Honolulu and Guam to Pohnpei.
- Continental Airlines fly to Pohnpei from Guam and Honolulu. This is perfectly suitable for those who come from the US. There is a detailed downloadable schedule in PDF format on their website. Click here
- If you’re from Europe, an alternative route is to fly to an Asian country where there are flights to Guam and then to Pohnpei. This usually turns out to be cheaper.
So basically, a flight to Guam-Agana is what you need to look for if you’re not flying from Honolulu (where there is a flight that goes straight to Pohnpei).
Some of the airlines that fly to Guam are:
- Japan Airlines from Tokyo
- Philippine Airlines from Manila
- Continental Airlines flies from various cities in Japan, Cairns Australia, and Hong Kong
- China Airlines flies from Taipei
- Korean Airlines flies from Beijing and Shanghai
Pohnpei Airport: Code- PNI
Guam International Airport: Code- GUM
Note: Air Nauru used to fly to Pohnpei and Guam from Manila and Australia, but have cancelled these flights early this year. They say they’re slowly adding back the flights though so you might want to check their website as well for any new flight schedules. Click Here.
Tomorrow, I’m going to write about attractions and hotels in Pohnpei.
Go Back To The Best Islands In The South Pacific Sun